Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just Journaling : So many things, so little time

This is my relax time, my shoulders rubbed in the corner before heading out into the boxing ring time. I'm sitting at my computer, and sweet nursling in my arms, drinking my coffee. My fingers are cold, but that's ok, I am writing. I love to write. Type, specifically. Journaling will do at times, but it is more slow. And I live at a fast pace. Sometimes that's a necessary thing, and sometimes I just get so sick of it that I want to throw off the whole lifestyle and go join a commune. :)
I don't think my family would stand for that though. Neither would our finances at this point. But let's not write of depressing things. Let's bask in the glow of a 20 month old nursling, an outlet for my thoughts, and a 55 degree sunny fall morning.
I talked to Gina last night for about an hour. It was really interesting to talk to someone who lives the lifestyle that I swore off years ago, and to not only like the person, but to not judge them as well! I suppose that maybe my non-judgementalness (if there is such a word) could come from the fact that she is expressing dissatisfaction with her long hours and how they are affecting her 15 month old. And she also was talking about how she doesn't know what she and her husband are going to do about punishing. Their 15 month old parrots them in perfect context when he falls down, or drops something... :) He says, "Oh Shit!" Or "Damn It!" I smile as I write that! I guess I think there's something funny about a person so young using "BAD" words. Vinnie has no idea that what he is saying is "socially inacceptable" for someone his age. He is only doing what his parents do, just like he is learning other things like how to put a shirt on, and to say "Hello!" when you meet someone. Her sister advised her to "pop" him in the mouth when he says it. Gina can't imagine doing that to him. Good for her! Listen to yourself, Gina. You'll be the one looking back evaluating your life in the future, not your sister.
Hmmm.... sounds like some good advice for me to take in my extended family...
I really need to go talk to Laura, but I am not anxious to, because I'm afraid of her being condescending and self righteous. I'm afraid of myself being the same way. I'm just plain afraid that the situation won't turn out as well as I want it to, so I keep avoiding it. Maybe I should email her.. No, I'll just end up going over to hash it out in person...
Anyway, this is supposed to be my work day, as I'm supposed to be setting up for the Doylestown Yard Sales this weekend. There are a mountain of little strings to be tied up, and I am running out of things to say here... I want to read some meditational stuff this morning too.

No comments: