Sunday, September 7, 2008

Family Drama

What I really want to say is, "Hey! Back off! Who is the parent with more experience here, me or you?"
So much drama. Is every family this full of it? Full of shit? Aaaahhhh!!!! I can't stand it. Let's just live and let live!
So, both of my sister and brother in laws think I'm an unsafe parent. I let my kids choose their own clothing. I don't make them put on a coat if it's 65 degrees and they say they aren't cold. I let them run outside with bare feet... oh my god, they might get a bee sting! I let them choose their own diets. Oh my god, they might never have reward issues with food because food is just food, not a reward! I let my son go up and down the stairs on his own. He is completely capable. I let my kids play in the yard without worrying that they are going to run out into the street or get stolen. Oh my god, they might become independent People! What will I ever do?!
Rumors that I don't "make" them put their seat belts on when I drive, people not minding their own business... God! I am so glad James is finally seeing a way out of that little church! Maybe we can be just a tad bit more free of that whole ridiculous lifestyle. I want to move freely in a community of people who don't put their standards onto other people, especially when those other people are their friends. yeah, so I sound like a hippie liberal chick. so what? I'm so gd tired of being put in a box, up on a stage where I'm supposed to be an example to a bunch of people who could care less, or worse, despise me for being "an example". I just wanna be normal! I just wanna be me. Ok, I'm going to bed now. I'm tired, and tired of ranting.

No comments: