Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I am depressed over the depression –
Oppression - Of so many lives

Who gives them the right
To claim that “god” is on their side?
It’s greed, not god
It’s power, not divine miracles

The truth is disgusting
It sickens and saddens me
No one asked to be here
No one asked to be oppressed
Outcast
By a society who loves themselves
While abusing others

I cry, I lose sleep
Nightmares plague my nights
I want to bring justice
Justice is a fleeting tease
An unrealistic dream.
America the Beautiful?
It could be, should be -

We have the resources,
We could share.
But no no one cares.

Just another angry ditty
While I lie here feeling shitty
Voice unheard, unknown
While fat white man sits on his throne
I am women, hear me mew
A helpless tigress jailed -
In a kitten’s cage -
Long out grown.
Longing to be free of these
Dents in my mind
From being slammed so many times.

I lie here free, or so it seems
Having outgrown my dreams
I thought there was hope ahead
Outside the walls of my imprisonment
But it was out of the frying pan
Into the fire

Just a new set of tie-downs
On a different day
Morose? Yes.
Gross? Absolutely.
But if the boot fits.

No comments: