Monday, February 9, 2009

Still growing....

My kids are growing, from almost 13 down to 2 years old. I never really thought this far ahead before I had kids... it was a dream to have babies to take care of and 5 year olds to have slumber parties with. Yet, life cycles on, and I'm evolving more than I ever knew was possible. I am so happy to be where I am.

Savannah wrote, "I am proud of my daughter because she has read 47 pages of the book called ice mummy! its a very interesting book."

Actually, I am proud of her because she read something that she was interested in. Her reading about her interests is sooooo much more important to me that how long she read, or how many pages it was. It's so much more real life to read and retain because you are interested. She is currently in school where they are trying to format her according to how much she can "accomplish".

Things are busy tonight. All the older three kids have more homework than normal because their teachers gave them last weeks homework to catch up on. Jesse's teachers just said, "We missed you!". Travis's teachers, especially Mrs. Storad, said, "Tell your mom that next time she needs to give me more notice than the day that you leave." I understand where she's coming from, and I will give her more notice next time..., but I will be glad to leave this unreal world of grades, pushing, and shoving as soon as possible.
Well, I'm gonna go eat a chocolate peanut butter pie that my mom made for me!

No comments: