Monday, October 12, 2009

The Process is sooo frustrating!!

I am currently trying to please dh's wants for Travis' education... we have tried unschooling which Travis loves, and dh doesn't. We have tried Video Schooling thru Bob Jones. I hated it, so did Travis. It was curriculum. It would have satisfied dh.
Currently we have tried BOSS schooling.... Missouri curriculum. My thoughts were to minimize the amount of bookwork required to complete the grade. Travis would be compromising, dh would be mostly satisfied....
Now T. doesn't want to do the bookwork... he thinks that he just can't do it.. I think anxiety is playing a role here, and he just feels incapable... I don't know what to do. I left a message with his teacher asking if we could switch to all online classes where a teacher would teach him, and he wouldn't be able to push it off so easily because of the anxiety.... we may try it and see how it goes... he wants to. But I just wonder if all these things we are trying are just going to lead us to find out that unschooling is the best path for him... we are probably going to go the long way for dh's sake mostly and prove that Travis knows what he needs....
I'm frustrated mostly because I feel like I am the one doing all this work of preparing, calling the school, driving, trying to get him to do schoolwork, etc... all for dh.
I guess I could look at it as a way that I am meeting dh's needs..... helping him sort through what works for our family and what doesn't.....
If it were just me, I would just do what Travis feels. It's his life. He is his own person with his own unique capabilities and limitations....
I would be a little nervous, but would follow my gut, right or wrong.....

No comments: